Hey there, here’s a quick guide on how to fix your Nintendo Switch’s damaged left joy-con latch. If your latch is damaged then the joy-con will no longer stay in place.
- Buy a latch replacement, I recommend a metal replacement over the plastic Nintendo provides. Below is the one I bought on eBay.
- Remove the 4 screw from the back
- Gently remove the back and don’t pull in the ribbon cables!!
- Unscrew the latch cover and pull it off gently with a flat screw driver
- Remove spring + plastic latch with your screw driver and replace with new spring and metal latch
- Screw everything back in and you should be done. Latch it in place and give it a try!